Sunday, January 27, 2013

Fingernail Sunday


For as long as I can remember, Sunday has been Fingernail Sunday. Every Sunday, my mom would change up her nail polish, and inevitably, mine too.

As I got older, I started doing my own, but when I was younger, I experimented with my mom. I remember walking into my 3rd grade classroom on Saint Patrick’s Day with jade-colored fingernails. I loved it. I thought I was so cool.

One of the more recent times I participated in Fingernail Sunday was before the Packers vs. Steelers Super Bowl in 2011. Here’s a throwback pic of what my mom came up with:

Guess who I was rooting for?















I recently became interested in the “accent nail” trend, so after my mom gave me a new Ulta polish for Christmas (Ulta Salon Formula Nail Lacquer in Diva), I decided it was time to try the trend out last Sunday.

Sephora & Ulta; my favorites



















When I started out, I had planned to do all black nails (having recently purchased Sephora by OPI in What’s a Tire Jack?) with a sparkly accent nail.  Although I usually prefer black (when I got a mani/pedi on my birthday last year, the tech questioned me for choosing black several times), I’m glad I went with the opposite – and I still thought I looked cool. ;)

The finished product

















Both polishes actually held up really well for the entire week, even though I didn’t use any kind of base or top coat. The Ulta polish was not as pink as I expected, but looked good nonetheless. The Sephora polish was the perfect opaque black after two thin coats. In short, 
I’d recommend both, and they looked good together, too. One note: the Ulta polish was   
a complete pain in the ass to get off (just like any glitter polish). I had this pinned, but we are out of cotton balls, so that’s a tip for next time.

Do you like the ring finger polish trend, or do you think it’s lame?

No comments:

Post a Comment